Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) Longowal has received Deemed University status in 2007 to run various UG and PG courses under its own Academic patterns. The courses of study are organized on semester system (i.e. two semesters in an academic year). Each semester spans for eighteen weeks (i.e. 90 days) excluding end semester examinations. The academic study schemes at each level are balanced with a number of co-curricular activities. Special lectures /invited talks by eminent personalities on varied topic of academic relevance are organized at department level. To motivate and encourage the students, a counseling system is also in-place which involves various faculty members as chief counselor and class counselors. Students are evaluated on a continuous basis throughout the semester by the course coordinators. The medium of instruction is English for all the courses run by the Institute.
The Academic Section of the Institute is administered by Dean (Academics), Deputy Registrar (Academics), Assistant Registrar (Academics) and dedicated staff members.
Academic Section has three distinct cells to deal with the academic matters related to various programs separately. The degree related matters of various under graduate (UG) courses are delt under UG cell, post graduate (PG) and Ph.D. courses under PG Cell whereas the matters related to various certificate, diploma and ICD courses are dealt under Diploma cell. These cells undertake following activities related to students:
- Maintenance of academic record;
- Issue of Identity cards;
- Issue of Duplicate Identity cards (on request);
- Issue of examination forms;
- Issue of Admit Cards (To appear in the retest Examinations);
- Conduct of Examinations;
- Declaration of Results;
- Issue of detailed marks card (DMC);
- Issue of Duplicate DMCs (on request);
- Issue of bonafide Certificate (on request);
- Issue of Provisional Certificate (on request);
- Issue of Equivalence Certificate (on request);
- Issue of Transcripts (on request);
- Verification of various academic certificates issued by the Institute (on request);
- Processing of cases of students like late registration, attendance shortage, dropping of course etc.
- Any other query related to academics.
All the academic rules, and regulations, study scheme and courses of study for various streams / courses offered by the Institute are approved by its Senate and put on the website for wider circulation and information.
Students are advised to follow the academic calendar strictly and check the notice boards of Academic Section / Hostels / Departments, regularly to know about the deadlines of various academic events. They are required to move their requests on the prescribed formats duly recommended by their respective counselor and HOD. They are responsible for meeting deadlines regarding:
- Registration to various courses offered in each semester;
- Adding/dropping of courses in each semester;
- Submission of Examination Forms (if any);
- Pre-registration for next semester;
- Checking the answer sheets / results of various examinations;
- Collection of DMCs;
- Any other activity related to Students as notified from time to time.
Dr. Navdeep Jindal Deputy Registrar (Academics) Phone No. : 01672-253140
mail – firstname.lastname@example.org