Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) Longowal has received Deemed University status in 2007 to run various UG and PG courses under its own Academic patterns. The courses of study are organized on semester system (i.e. two semesters in an academic year). Each semester spans for eighteen weeks (i.e. 90 days) excluding end semester examinations. The academic study schemes at each level are balanced with a number of co-curricular activities. Special lectures /invited talks by eminent personalities on varied topic of academic relevance are organized at department level. To motivate and encourage the students, a counseling system is also in-place which involves various faculty members as chief counselor and class counselors. Students are evaluated on a continuous basis throughout the semester by the course coordinators. The medium of instruction is English for all the courses run by the Institute.
The Academic Section of the Institute is administered by Dean (Academics) with co-ordination of Associate Dean (Academics), Deputy Registrar (Academics), Assistant Registrar (Academics) and dedicated staff members.
Academic Section has two distinct cells to deal with the academic matters related to various degrees and diplomas/certificates separately. The degree related matters of various under graduate (UG) and post graduate (PG) courses are dealt under UG & PG Cell whereas the matters related to various diploma and certificate courses are dealt under Diploma & Certificate Cell. Both the cells undertake following activities related to students
- Maintenance of academic record;
- Issue of Identity cards;
- Issue of Duplicate Identity cards (on request);
- Issue of examination forms;
- Issue of Admit Cards (To appear in the Examinations);
- Conduct of Examinations;
- Declaration of Results;
- Issue of detailed marks card (DMC);
- Issue of Duplicate DMCs (on request);
- Issue of bonafide Certificate (on request);
- Issue of Provisional Certificate (on request);
- Issue of Equivalence Certificate (on request);
- Issue of Transcripts (on request);
- Verification of various academic certificates issued by the Institute (on request);
- Any other query related to academics.
Apart from these cells, there is a scholarship cell to deal with all kinds of scholarships to the students of the Institute e.g. post matric scholarship for SC students, merit cum means scholarship, OBC scholarship, GATE scholarship, and many other scholarships offered by government bodies and or various other agencies.
All the academic rules, and regulations, study scheme and courses of study for various streams / courses offered by the Institute are approved by its Senate and published in form of Book and put on the website for wider circulation and information.
Students are advised to follow the academic calendar strictly and check the notice boards of Academic Section / Hostels / Departments, regularly to know about the deadlines of various academic events. They are responsible for meeting deadlines regarding:
- Registration to various courses offered in each semester;
- Adding/dropping of courses in each semester;
- Submission of Examination Forms (if any);
- Pre-registration for next semester;
- Checking the answer sheets / results of various examinations;
- Collection of DMCs;
- Any other activity related to Students as notified from time to time.
Phone No. : 01672-253140
mail – firstname.lastname@example.org